OUR UNIQUE MEN’S CLUB
The Men’s Club is a program designed to allow men to come together in a group setting to socialize, participate in group activities, educational sessions, and outings. Together they can discuss current events, share past experiences, hobbies and interests.
Held in a separate, secure room within the center, the Men’s Club is hosted by outgoing, friendly facilitators who are often retired local businessmen and professionals with a desire to stay active in the community. The group is held 2 to 3 times per week, for 2 to 4 hours depending on the number of participants, the day’s activity, and just how much fun everyone is having!
ACTIVITIES AND OUTINGS JUST FOR THE MEN
Card games, chess, and checkers are always a favorite pass time for many of our male participants, but the Men’s Club is so much more!
Special presentations are done by guest speakers such as:
- Coin experts
- Members of the local VFW and American Legion
- Firemen and Policemen – often including the K9 unit
- Professors from local colleges whose courses involve topics of interest
- Local artists and musicians
Our Men’s Club members also enjoy regular outings for exercise, sporting events, and other activities including:
- Military or car museums
- Local car or motorcycle shows
- Wildlife conservation centers
- Bowling, fishing, or putt-putt golfing
- Veteran’s Memorial